Brightening up the Christmas shift
4th December 2015
Working over Christmas is something 66% of people in the UK will be enduring this holiday season, but you have the chance to really make someone’s Christmas Day!
We’re always looking for ways to surprise and delight our customers, and this year, as part of our Making Christmas Warmer campaign, we are going to dish out Christmas hampers to five people who have to trek into work across Christmas to help make their day that little bit nicer. .
Almost one in three of us will be working on Christmas Day itself, which means spending time away from family and friends, and the disheartening experience of watching other people enjoying themselves while you’re clocking on.
In fact, 41% of people say they cannot relax at all while they’re working over Christmas, so a surprise package courtesy of Cotton Traders will surely help bring them a little joy over the festive period!
If you know someone who will be working hard this December 25th, all you need to do is visit our Facebook page on December 4th and 5th, and look out for the competition post.
Simply write a comment with the name of the person you wish to nominate, and we will pick five nominees at random to receive a parcel.
The people of the UK are already pretty generous over the festive season – a whopping 39% of people have swapped shifts so that colleagues with young families can enjoy the day off. It sounds to us like you’re a thoughtful bunch, so this is the perfect opportunity to spread the Christmas spirit a little bit further.
40% of the people working over Christmas don’t have a choice, and over a quarter of people enjoying the day at home feel guilty about family and friends who are stuck at work. We really want to celebrate these people, so help us ‘make Christmas warmer’, and get nominating your Christmas working heroes!
Competition terms and conditions
- The competition runs from December 4th 2015 at 12:30pm until December 6th 2015 at 12:30pm.
- Employees of Branded3 Search Ltd and Cotton Traders or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Cotton Traders reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Five winners will be selected at random on December 7th 2015, under the supervision of an independent adult.
- Winning nominators will be notified within 48 hours of the end of the competition through a Facebook message.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- In the event a selected winner does not respond within 7 days, we reserve the right to select a new winner.
- Multiple entries are allowed, however only one per person will be counted to the prize draw.
- The competition draw is open to all UK residents over the age of 16.
- Entrants’ details will not be used for further marketing activities, solely for competition purposes.
About 'The Thread'
Here at Cotton Traders, we like to do things a little differently. Our reputation has been built on outstanding quality, a sense of community and keeping our customers interests at heart. The Thread is just that – a space for sharing things we know our customers enjoy, whether it’s travel, eating, staying active and healthy or enjoying sneak-peeks behind-the-scenes at Cotton Traders.